Tax & Wealth Planning
The Tax & Wealth Planning department within Bâloise International Life was created in 2018 and includes of 5 collaborators.
Its main missions are:
- Monitoring local and international tax developments as well as European tax developments through the various directives, with the aim, among other things, of keeping contracts documentation up-to-date and offering tailor-made solutions to each market ;
- Checking at an early stage the acceptance of wealth management offers to Bâloise’s clients.
- Assisting clients in the search for and implementation of particular and tailor-made structures, both for Luxembourg company structures (SOPARFI, SPF, FIS, SICAR, securitisation vehicles) and for non-Luxembourg company structures or asset protection vehicles (trusts, foundations,...) in the context of life insurance ;
- Analysing legal and fiscal possibilities for asset transfers ;
- Accompanying clients and responding to all their requests regarding wealth management offers and the personalisation of life insurance contracts on:
- Estate and tax planning;
- Analysis of non-traditional assets (i.e. private equity);
- Drafting, writing or check of beneficiary clauses;
- Implementing specific structures (e.g. dismembered subscriptions, growth clauses, conventional return, etc.);
In addition, the Tax & Wealth Planning department works closely with the commercial department to ensure the various dossiers follow-up and supports the preparation of commercial events with the sales, assets and marketing teams.
Case Study: pledging a policy and the leverage effect – Case Study / Chapter 7
Case Study on Luxembourg capitalisation policies in Belgium – Case Study / Chapter 8
Comparison between life insurance policies and capitalisation policies – Comparative / Chapter 8
Case Study Italy : Life insurance and beneficiary trust – Case Study / Chapter 9